Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

WOW! My first post on my brand new blog.  I usually just read other people's blogs, but have now plucked up the courage to start my own.  

My name is Rebekka, and I (really, really) enjoy cross-stitching, and this blog is to serve the purpose of organizing my thoughts, connecting with other stitchers, and housing my extensive and ever growing wish list.  

I've been stitching on and off for about 11 years, but only really developed a passion for it since we purchased our first home 3 years ago. A nesting instinct, perhaps???  I don't really have a "favorite" designer, but enjoy stitching whatever catches my eye.  I stitch mainly in the evenings, while watching movies, or listening to audio books.

Eight glorious years ago, I said "I Do" to my wonderful husband and best friend, Scott, whose unwavering love and support has helped me become the woman I am today. I cannot imagine sharing my life with anyone but him.  We are the proud parents of Andrew (5), and Adam(2), who keep us busier than a one-armed-paper-hanger.  They are our life, those two. I truly believe that I was put on this earth to be their mother, and they bring me such joy. (Even when the little horns on their head come out! haha) I plan on posting a picture of them, as soon as I figure out how to do that.  We also have a chocolate lab/basset hound mix named Zippy, who looks like a chocolate lab with bassett hound legs.  Also joining the cast is a dachsund named Rudy, and four guinnea pigs: Bandit, Rascal, Rusty, and Mr. Nibbler. 

Well, there you go. Now that you know a little bit about me, stop by again soon, as I plan on posting often.  

6 comments:

Susimac said...

Hey welcome to blogging land I look forward to seeing some of your stitching and hearing about your life - Your boys look adorable!

sie tut es auch said...

Hi Rebekka,
herzlich Willkommen in klein Bloggershausen ;o) Wünsche Dir viel Spaß und bin schon ganz gespannt auf dene Werke.
LG
Manuela

mainely stitching said...

Welcome to Blogland! :D

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful! Well, small world, my daughter lives in Alabama! I, too, just started my first blog! It's really fun. I hope you and your friends will visit. I'm running a Pay It Forward drawing if you want to sign up. I'll be back to your site again!

Von said...

Hello and welcome to our little blogging world! I started out this adventure in the same way, reading other blogs and thinking I had nothing to blog about. :D There are still days when I don't, but I've been blogging for several years now and have enjoyed meeting so many new friends all over our world. Thanks for making my blog a part of your life - I'll be back to visit you often. Hugs, Von

Melissa said...

Welcome to Blogland, Rebekka! Thank you for stopping by today. Can you send me an email because I don't know how else to get in touch with you? Thanks.