Thursday, January 13, 2011

You have probably seen it on the news already, but the South and East of the US have been in the grips of a terrible winter storm this week. Well, I'm smack-dab in the middle of it. Today was the first day I was able to get out of my icy driveway. All roads have been closed, and all businesses shut down in our small city. My husband and oldest son were both home from work and school, so we've had some good family time. Surprisingly, not as much stitching time as one would think, though. :) I live in Alabama, and we rarely get snow that sticks around for more than a day or two, but when we get several inches, everything shuts down. We just don't have the proper street equipment to clear the snow and ice.

I also wanted to say a word about the horrible flooding in Queensland, Australia. My heart and prayers go out to all the families that have been affected. People have lost their lives in this tragedy, and many more are missing. So sad.

1 comment:

Littlebit said...

I'm sure your boys enjoyed that snow! What child wouldn't? We had about 10 inches in the Heartland. I love it when it comes down, but then it gets ugly being shoved all around and walked on. :) Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Stay warm!!