Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wow! This poor blog has been languishing for almost four years!! Sad to say, but there hasn't been a lot of stitching going on for those four years either. There have been many life changes, including a divorce, and a new baby, for starters, that have kept me away from needle and thread.

I'd love to introduce the newest addition to the family, my lovely daughter Lilian. (Let's see if I can still remember how to insert a photo...)



She's one year old, as of last month, and she is adored by all in the family. Her big brothers dote on her, and she has daddy all wrapped around her little finger already, although he'll never cop to it! Lol







My two boys are enjoying the last week of their summer vacation, trying to pack in as much fun *read xbox playing* before next Wednesday. I can't believe Andrewt is now an 8th grader!



And Adam is going into the 5th grade, and thinks he's hot stuff. I love his sense of fun, and his love of adventure! Anyway, here's the whole gang, passed out in the car after a long morning of running errands.



I was also very blessed to have met a wonderful man two years ago, who has completely changed my life, sweeping me off my feet in the process. Brian has been great with the boys, confidently stepping into the role of step-father. (Well, step-father to be, as he asked me to marry him last Christmas.) He's truly the man of my dreams, and an answered prayer. Here he is with our daughter, showing her our backyard after her first snowfall.




I'm sure there'll be other pics and updates about the kids and family life as I get a few more blog posts under my belt, but I'll leave that there for now.

Like I said, there has been very little crafting going on around here, although that's not to say that I haven't done any stitching. A few of my WIPS have seen the light of day. Did I actually finish anything? HA! Of course not. I'm lucky if I can finish a shower, or dinner, at that, without interruption. But any progress is good progress, right?

I've been sucked into the Flosstube videos that are so popular on YouTube nowdays. They're so addictive!! I'm definitely feeling a return of my stitching mojo! Lol I've only been tempted to buy a few things, but have successfully resisted buying more stash...for now. My wallet thanks me.

There are definite plans for getting a case of stitch-ass once the boys are back in school, and we get back to a reasonable schedule. (If Miss Lily will be a good girl, and take her nap like she's supposed to.) I hope to be back soon with some stitchy pics!  Maybe I'll even try my hand at making a Flosstube video. Who knows?!?

If you're still with me at the end of this post, thank you for bearing with me. I hope everybody has a great week. Happy stitching!

No comments: