Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Roundups

Here are my finishes for January.

First up, I started this one in 2009, stitched most of it, including the date, in 2010, and I actually finished stitching on January 5th, 2011.
Their Songs by Blackbird Designs
Started April 2009 - Completed Jan. 2011
Stitched on 32 ct. Apple Brown Bindy with WDW floss.

I stitched the initials using my maiden name. I love that big, fat blackbird. 

I think I'm going to finish this as the front of a project bag. A fellow blogger has made a couple of these bags, and I'd like to make one, too. They are so cute, and practical to boot!


Secondly, I stitched this as a (secret) Valentines gift for Scott. I'm not sure if I'll have it framed, or finish it as a hanging pillow. Hubs has his own bathroom, and I think it's going to go in there. I chose fabric and floss that were more subdued.
My Everything by The Sampler Girl
Started and finished January 2011
28ct. Taupe with CC Cherry Bark

I decided not to stitch the border. For me, it didn't add anything to the design.


Lastly, I have a mini finish by way of the Red Thread series by Bent Creek. There are twelve blocks, and a border, and verse. My goal is one block a month, with the advancing border. These work up very quickly, so I have no excuse not to get this finished this year. When I started January's Snowman, all that was stitched was the outline, so it barely qualified as a WIP. I have finished block one, and have a good start on block two.
Red Thread Snowman by Bent Creek
Started (and promptly laid aside) September 2009
36 ct. PTP Earthen with DMC
That's it for now. I'll be back with progress pics., and some new stash to show next week. I also won a giveaway, and hopefully that will come in the mail soon, too. 

The weekend is not far off, and Saturday I've got the day to myself. Scott is taking the kids to see his mother for the day, and I can play all day. Should I stay home and clean? Go shopping, and treat myself to Olive Garden for lunch? Stay home and stitch all day? Who knows...although I probably should stay home and clean. *sigh* It seems it's easier to give the house a good scrubbing when you don't have stop every five minutes to break up an argument, get a juice box, or find a lost toy, etc. What do you think I should with my free day?

Thank you for stopping by to visit, and for the kind comments that have been left for me. I hope everybody stays safe (and warm!) for the rest of the week.

Rebekka  






1 comment:

Michele B. said...

Hi Rebekka,

I would be very happy to send you the ornament issue. Email me your address at mstitches @ comcast.net.

Your blog is new to me and I'm glad to know about it. Your finishes look wonderful. I have thought of doing the TSG piece for my husband too. He'll have to share the bathroom, though!

As for your day off, definitely view it as a day for you, not for housecleaning. That job will always be there, but free time for a mom is few and far betweeen. Have some fun!