Friday, January 21, 2011

"Momma said there'd be days like this..."

I've been stuck in first gear today! It was cold outside, the boys have been more whiny than usual, and I couldn't seem to finish anything I started. I think my house was the center of a time warp, or something. My chores are half done, only some of the errands were run, we had a hodgepodge supper, and the kids went to bed without brushing their teeth. There's more, but you get the idea. I'm totally exhausted, but have nothing to show for it. *sigh*

In the morning, I'll brew myself some very strong coffee, and see if I can't tie up all these loose ends that almost strangled me today. ;)

I am making progress on Miriem Brocklehurst, but I don't have an update picture for you. Instead, I thought I'd post two more of my WIP's. Well, UFO's, really. These are two that I'd really like to finish this year.

Rose Sampler by Butternut Rose
stitch count 242 x 250
32ct. evenweave with DMC & Caron Wildflowers
Started in 2005!


This sampler hasn't gotten much attention since I laid it aside a few years ago. A length of thread here and there. I like the design very much, but those roses are a real pain! I also don't care for the Lugana evenweave that came with the kit. I should have swapped it out for something else, but I'm too far along to start over now.

Waiting on Ships by Mirabilia
stitch count 161 x 260
Started in 2006



I'm almost finished with this mermaid. I'm not really sure why I haven't finished with the stitching. I just lack some of her scales, the rest of the tail, and the beading. There is a good bit of metallic thread stitched throughout her scales, and it's very shimmery when the light hits it just right. I tried to take a clear photo, but my camera skills are just so-so. I can't wait to see her finished, and all beaded up.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who stopped in to leave a comment, especially the birthday wishes for Adam. I probably wont get much stitching time in until later in the weekend, so I wont be back with an update until next week. My older son, Andrew, has his 8th birthday on Monday, so there's some prepping and baking to be done for that, too. I wish everyone a great weekend. :)

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

Both of t hose designs are sooo pretty! I hate it when I don't care for something I'm using while stitching and get too far to change it. I do that more often than I care to admit! Both are so pretty, though, keep at 'em!